Re: using gdb to do embedded unit/regression testing

EBo <ebo@sandien.com> said:

> Michael Snyder <msnyder@vmware.com> said:
>
> > EBo wrote:
> >
> > > The second issue will be cleaning up and formatting the output from the
> > > automated unit/regression test suites.  For this I will want/need to
suppress
> > > almost all output from gdb, and use the print command above to deal with the
> > > formatting.  If I end up using gdb to help do this type of eXtreme/Agile
> > > program testing I would like to work with the gdb maintainers to have it
> > > integrated upstream...
> >
> > I think you want dejagnu.

I will look into dejagnu, but to follow in the original thought...

If I provided a --batch-mostly-silent switch which suppressed output for all
but the print, printf, and echo commands, would others find that useful?
Actually I should also if someone already provides this functionality before I
start trying to modify gdb ;-)

  EBo --