This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Tracepoint enhancements
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- To: Vladimir Prus <vladimir at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "gdb at sources dot redhat dot com" <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 10:13:16 -0800
- Subject: Re: Tracepoint enhancements
- References: <490B630F.email@example.com> <490B6CEF.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Vladimir Prus wrote:
Michael Snyder wrote:
One more thing, only vaguely related...
I've thought that if we had the ability to attach an expression
(in pcode such as we use for tracepoints) to a conditional breakpoint,
we could have the conditional evaluation be done on the target
rather than by gdb, which would be a big performance win for
conditional breakpoints or watchpoints.
Yes. We want conditional tracepoints, and the condition would have to be evaluated
on the target. And if breakpoints and tracepoints are unified, both breakpoints and
tracepoints will benefit.
Very good point. OK, you've convinced me.