Re: how to examine data with compiler optimization option set?

> Cc: Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com>, Robert Dewar <dewar@adacore.com>,         "jreiver@free.fr" <jreiver@free.fr>,         "gdb@sourceware.org" <gdb@sourceware.org>
> From: fche@redhat.com (Frank Ch. Eigler)
> Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 23:04:24 -0400
>
> You might be surprised.  Some RH engineers are working along these
> lines.  Being able to debug (<=> probe/trace) optimized code is
> becoming more and more important, and gcc is slowly getting into the
> mood to help.

I'll applaud this mood.  When I started using GCC (it was v1.x back
then), being able to efficiently debug optimized code was one of GCC's
most attractive features.  When that feature was lost in GCC 3.x, I
was quite shocked.  I'd love to have that back again.