This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Failed to read a valid object file image from memory (PLEASE HELP)
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- To: Lenny K <lennyk430 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:25:30 -0700
- Subject: Re: Failed to read a valid object file image from memory (PLEASE HELP)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Lenny K wrote:
I've cross-compiled gdb version 6.8 to powerpc-linux-gnu.
After installing it on my ppc embedded based machine - I ran it on
this simple C program:
When you say "cross-compiled" -- what exactly do you mean?
You used some other machine architecture to build a *native*
ppc-linux-gnu gdb? And then you're running the gdb on the
And I got the following error:
GNU gdb 6.8
Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "powerpc-wrs-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) b main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x10000494: file hello.c, line 4.
Starting program: /opt/dune_networks/ssf/v0000.0193/bins/hello
Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.
Cannot insert breakpoint 1.
Error accessing memory address 0x10000494: Input/output error.
Cannot insert breakpoint -1.
Temporarily disabling shared library breakpoints:
Kernel version is: 18.104.22.168