Re: Spurious SIGTRAP reported by GDB 6.8 when debugging embedded RTOS application

On Monday 18 August 2008 19:33:34, Antony KING wrote:
> Thanks for the definition. I had not fully grasped this aspect of the
> target_resume interface. For my target interface only mode (1) can be
> properly supported. Modes (2) and (4) cannot be supported at all and
> mode (3) can only be supported by ensuring that inferior_ptid is set to
> the last stopped thread before commencing stepping.
>
> [Actually mode (4) can be supported but only if ptid == last stopped
> thread, but this is the similar to supporting mode (3).]

In your original example, would it work to put a special
"switch-thread breakpoint" at the PC of thread 7, so it forces
a thread switch on your target, and then continue hardware
single-stepping from there when it is hit?  With care,
it seems this could be hidden entirelly on the stub/target side.

(I'm still curious on how this worked on 6.7.1 though)

--
Pedro Alves