This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
How to interpret (encoded?) gdb response
- From: André Pönitz <apoenitz at trolltech dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 11:13:08 +0200
- Subject: How to interpret (encoded?) gdb response
I do the foillowing:
- run an inferior containing a tight endless loop
- attach to it with gdb -pid=<id>
- run 'kill <pid>' in shell
- do -exec-continue
then I get:
&"Cannot access memory at address 0x7fff6ca72a4c\n"
Does that msg have any meaning, i.e. how would I "decode" it?
The message appears also in a non-MI environment, but is even
less legible there...