This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: problem with gdb's 'call'
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: André Pönitz <apoenitz at trolltech dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:55:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: problem with gdb's 'call'
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
André Pönitz <email@example.com> writes:
> How can I quote the function name such that it will be acceptable by the
> gdb parser [actually the function that I'd like to call in reality looks more like
> ns::foo<ns::type>((ns::type*)0x1234). I am not sure this is even 'quotable']
For template functions you the demanged name includes the return type.
(gdb) call 'int f<TAB>
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
PGP key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."