Re: Source a python script to gdb plugin?

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> wrote:

>>> (gdb) source ./load_libc
>>> /home/cjia/workareas/gdb_nvwatch/scripts/load_libc:3: Error in sourced command file:
>>> Undefined command: "from".  Try "help".
>
> Paul> Don't you want to switch to python interpreter before doing 'source'
> Paul> (or rather its python equivalent)?
>
> Yes.  The "source" command remains unchanged -- it reads gdb command
> scripts.
> /opt/gdb_plugin/bin/gdb
GNU gdb (GDB) 6.8.50.20080716-cvs
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu".
(gdb) python ./load_libc
  File "<string>", line 1
    ./load_libc
    ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
(gdb)

Is this the right way to use it?

Thanks,
Neo

--
I would remember that if researchers were not ambitious
probably today we haven't the technology we are using!