This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: suggestion: release GDB 6.8.1
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Cc: Thiago Jung Bauermann <bauerman at br dot ibm dot com>, gdb ml <gdb at sourceware dot org>, Sérgio Durigan Júnior <sergiodj at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 23:44:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: suggestion: release GDB 6.8.1
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20080806104812.GD3876@adacore.com> <email@example.com>
> How should one interpret "a little more than the few patches"? Are
> you looking for bug fixes only, or does the scope include modest new
> features (e.g. the "find" command) ?
Normally, we should only accept bug fixes that are absolutely safe or
otherwise critical I would say. Self-contained features that do not
endanger the rest of the code might be acceptable for the branch, but
we usually freeze new features on branches.
Regarding the "find" patch, I need to look at it again. I'm pretty
reluctant to introduce a new feature on a branch on principle, but
if you convince the other maintainers, I won't object.