Project Archer

I know some of you are already following this, but I wanted to
announce Project Archer here.

We're interested in greatly improving gdb's ability to debug C++ code.
We've started a new project, Archer, for this purpose.  We may also
look at some other side projects; for instance we are interested in
writing gdb support for froggy (user-space utrace API) and syscall
tracing.

The project is still in an early phase -- we're looking at exactly
what we want to implement, and we're working on coming up with some
milestones.

If you're interested, you're welcome to join us.  Our web page is in
the GDB wiki:

    http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/ProjectArcher

... and we set up a new mailing list (you can subscribe using the
standard -subscribe address):

    http://sourceware.org/ml/archer/

We'll be setting up version control and bugzilla stuff soon.

Naturally, we plan to submit our changes back to gdb as they become
ready.

Tom