Re: non-stop and current thread exiting

On Thursday 05 June 2008 00:13:07 you wrote:
>  As far as I remember -thread-info displays information
>  about a single thread, though I don't think it's implemented.?
>  -thread-list-all-threads which is supposed to be equivalent to info
>  threads, could show exited threads and let the UI filter them out.?
>  However -thread-list-ids, which is actually implemented, only lists IDs,
>  so there's no way for the UI to tell which ones are live.

-thread-info is implemented in CVS HEAD, and can either report all threads
(when used without a parameter), or a specific thread. There's also a patch
to make it report, for each thread, if it's running or not.
-thread-list-all-threads will not be implemented, in light of current
 -thread-info behaviour.
-thread-list-ids is a historical artefact, using it is strictly inferiour
to -thread-info, and the frontend should first probe -thread-info and use
-thread-list-ids as a fallback only.

- Volodya