Re: Frame lost after 'leave' and before 'ret' instruction on i386?

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 10:51:12AM -0400, Aleksandar Ristovski wrote:
So from what I can see, they all rely on symbol info (find_pc_partial_function).

Generally, so that you don't go marching off into the code of another function. If you only look at instructions forwards, and do not skip any branches, you can probably do without it.

Am I again missing something big or is this really being called only from breakpoint.c?

I would imagine it should be called from other spots as well. I find handle_inferior_status quite complicated and do not fully understand it, but shouldn't it be called from there as well (when stepi-ing, we need to know if the frame can be created or not).