Re: catch catch before program starts

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 04:51:17PM -0400, Aleksandar Ristovski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When we first load symbols, we can not set "catch catch" or "catch throw". The error message will say "Function __cxa_... not defined".
>
> However, we can set a breakpoint in .plt section. The attached patch illustrates this (it is not finished as there will be some error messages even though the catch will be set).

I suggest this be handled in the generic breakpoint-setting code, not
specific to "catch".  It's not a complete solution, by the way: it
will only help if the main executable uses catch / throw.  If only
shared libraries do, then there won't be a PLT entry in the
executable.  So maybe we should allow these breakpoints to be created
"pending"?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery