This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: clearing call stack when a new binary file is loaded
- From: Vladimir Prus <vladimir at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:51:35 +0400
- Subject: Re: clearing call stack when a new binary file is loaded
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jiju George T wrote:
> We are developing a graphical embedded debugger based on GDB mi interface.
> UI part is based on Eclipse CDT and it communicates with GDB through mi
> interface. We are facing a problem with call stacks after a new binary is
> loaded to GDB. Our UI relays on the call stack information provided by GDB
> to show the debug context.
> Steps to reproduce the issues:
> 1) Start GDB and connect to remote GDB server which is connected to an
> embedded target. The embedded target is waiting at PC 0xBFC00000
> 2) Now load an ELF file to GDB with entry point as 0xA0000000
> 3) Now GDB shows $pc register value as 0xA0000000. But the call stack
> still shows frames with 0xBFC00000
> Is this GDB behaviour by design? Is there any mi interface to clear the
> stack frame and update to the current $pc value?
Which version of GDB?