clearing call stack when a new binary file is loaded

Hi,

? We are developing a graphical embedded debugger based on GDB mi interface.
UI part is based on Eclipse CDT and it communicates with GDB through mi
interface. We are facing a problem with call stacks after a new binary is
loaded to GDB. Our UI relays on the call stack information provided by GDB
to show the debug context.

Steps to reproduce the issues:

  1) Start GDB and connect to remote GDB server which is connected to an
embedded target. The embedded target is waiting at PC 0xBFC00000
  2) Now load an ELF file to GDB with entry point as 0xA0000000
  3) Now GDB shows $pc register value as 0xA0000000. But the call stack
still shows frames with 0xBFC00000

Is this GDB behaviour by design? Is there any mi interface to clear the
stack frame and update to the current $pc value?

Thanks,
Jiju George