Re: address space support

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 09:38:26AM -0700, Doug Evans wrote:
> But that's a ton of work, and not necessarily a maintainable way to go
> (the common case is addresses are just ints).  Hacking CORE_ADDR by
> putting the address space in the upper bits doesn't necessarily work
> either.

May not necessarily work but that's the state of the art.  All the
targets with address spaces in GDB today have relatively small
addressable areas so there are some bits to use.  And we use the same
convention for CORE_ADDR that GNU binutils uses in the ELF symbol
table, generally.

Also see "@code" and "@data", though there's nothing in the manual
about them... TYPE_FLAG_CODE_SPACE and TYPE_FLAG_DATA_SPACE.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery