Re: GDB doesn't display thread_id while debugging a core file

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 01:16:41PM -0700, Icarus Sparry wrote:
> The program I am interested in at the moment only has a single __thread
> variable, which is used to index many arrays. I have a number of
> choices, ranging from write a function in gdb to get the value of this
> particular variable, to fixing gdb so it can get the information
> correctly from the core for all thread local variables. The latter is
> going to be more work, but makes gdb a better debugger for everyone.

We've talked about accessing __thread storage without passing through
libthread_db.  In my opinion, that is likely to be a better solution.
However, it's a bit tricky to figure out the module numbers assigned
by the C library in this case...

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery