Re: Tracepoints functionality for local targets

Nicholas Mc Guire wrote:

of course you need to be sure about the GPL V2 license being issued by the
copyrigth holder and not mearly me claiming this - but there is a
fundamental step from "requirement of verified free-software compliant
copyright" and requirement of assigning copyright to the FSF - the
argument of clean and assured copyright definitly does not legitimate this
policy - or atleast at this point I don't see why - could you explain
this in more detail ?

This is established policy which is not about to be changed, and it is not appropriate to discuss it on this list. I will send a private message.