Re: Variable objects and STL containers

 > Creating variable objects using internals wasn't so hard for vectors but
 > it gets a bit more tricky with lists.

Actually it looks doable for lists, maps etc if the children of a variable
object were stored as a list rather than a vector.  This is so that a new
child can be added, or an old one deleted, at any point in the list.

Ironically, the children were previously stored in a linked list and I guess
vectors were used because Nathan Sidwell has created an API in C for them.
There doesn't appear to be a similar API for lists, but since they are more
flexible, would it be possible to revert var->children to a linked list?