Re: testing GDB with the simulator

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 12:43 -0800, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to run the GDB testsuite on the GDB simulator?
> Perhaps with a specific board file, as explained in the GDB Wiki
> for testing with the gdbserver? I just did some powerpc-specific
> work, and had to test it on ppc-aix, which is extremely slow
> with the machines that AdaCore has. I think I could save quite
> a bit of time if I could do the testing on the powerpc simulator
> and the powerpc-elf target. If possible, I'll be happy to contribute
> a Wiki page for it.

Of course -- but I'm not sure I remember specifically....

In gdb/testsuite/config I see sim.exp and sid.exp

In /usr/share/dejagnu/baseboards I see many *-sim.exp
baseboard description files including powerpc-sim and
powerpcle-sim.

As well, I see /usr/share/dejagnu/config/sim.exp

Hope these get you somewhere close to the answer...

Michael