Re: Finding ld.so dynamic loader

Mark Kettenis wrote:

Can someone explain to me how gdb is supposed to find the correct
ld.so or why I'm looking at this incorrectly?

Oh that's an easy one. GDB got corrupted by the embedded crowd who can't settle on a single way to build and install a cross toolchain.

I'll plead nolo contendere. All the variations in building a cross toolchain are as confusing to toolchain developers as debugger developers.

GDB tries to please them all, and still tries to cover the case of a
native debugger too.

It still seems that searching the host file system should be the last choice, not the first. This makes setting the solib search path or using a target-dependent search function moot, unless the user also sets the solib search prefix to a bogus value.

Oh, by the way, you're looking at an old GDB version; we also have
GDB_SYSROOT now.

Yes, I'm using gdb-6.5.

-- Michael Eager eager@eagercon.com 1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077