Is it supported in new version?

Hi, ALL,
My name is Igor and I'm new to this list.
I have been using Gentoo + KDevelop + wxGTK + gdb for over a year now.
Currently I have gdb-6.6 from Gentoo Portage installed.

Now to the question.
When I'm debugging my program, and there is a inline function or the flow
hits the function end (symbol "}"), I have to press F11 - step inside the
function, otherwise gdb will send me to the next statement of my program
and not to the place where I came.
For example:
1. Initial place - file foo.cpp, line 100, calls function from file foo1.cpp
line 100. The function takes 5 lines of code: 100 - 105.
2. In the file foo1.cpp line 101 there is a call to a function from the file
foo2.cpp. When I enter the function, I found out that it is inline.

Now if I hit F10, which is "execute next statement", I will go to the file
foo.cpp line 101, instead of going to the file foo1.cpp line 102.
If I look at the Microsoft Visual Studio debugger, that's how it behaves.
It goes to the file foo1.cpp, let me finish going through until the line 105
and then comes to the foo.cpp line 101.

Now my question is: Is new version of gdb works the same or is it works
like previous version of gdb?

Thank you for the prompt responce, and apologies for dumb question
(if it dumb) ;-)