Re: Problem building cross-debugger

On 18 Jan 2008 at 10:52, Jim Blandy wrote:
> I think the reason you haven't gotten much interaction is that you may
> be the only person on the list who's working with such a
> configuration.  If you could figure out the source of the problem and
> suggest a patch, that would get things rolling.

It is not really such an abnormal configuration. I tried building a standard Cygwin build, host and
target using the current Cygwin release and latest CVS GDB and get the same problem. Trying to just
figure out the makefiles generated by configure makes me dizzy! I already spent more than a week
just getting it to produce an exe by hacking the screen output.

I would love to supply a patch if somebody can just direct me to the place to start looking. Well I
know it is somewhere in the bfd directory and that cpu-i386.o should probably be part of libbfd.a,
but is not because objdump tells me so. Somebody familiar with the GDB build process can probably
tell me in a few seconds what to look for and I am more than willing to assist to generate a patch
for the gdb community at large even though my problem is currently resolved.

--
Gerrit van Niekerk
GP van Niekerk Ondernemings BK