Re: Problem using GDB and Eclipse with my stub

On 18 Jan 2008 at 2:30, Guillaume MENANT wrote:

> I'm making a new topic because I had a problem in the last one (i've edited my message but it
> hasn't been seen by mailing list users)

> I'm working on the GDB startup management in my stub. The log of the sent commands is the
> following :

> GDB -> (command sent by GDB through Eclipse)
> Wrapper reply -> (reply from my stub to GDB)

> GDB ->              $Hc-1#
>  Wrapper reply ->  $+#
> Call unsupported or unrecognized command method
>  Wrapper reply ->  $#00
> GDB ->              $+#

I think you are misinterpreting the GDB commands and wrapper replies. You won't get a $+# command,
because + (on it's own is a positive acknowledgement. In fact, the wrapper also has to send a +
when it receives a command with a valid syntax and checksum.

This is what it *should* look like:
GDB ->              $Hc-1#nn   (where nn is the checksum)
  Wrapper ack ->  +
  Wrapper reply -> $#00 (Call unsupported or unrecognized command method)
GDB ack ->         +