Re: gdb OpenMP

Thanks, are there alternatives that have been tested with gdb?

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 01:27:23PM -0500, burlen wrote:
Hi, I just started to use open MP. My code(c++ previously serial tested and debugged) crashes when I use openMp, so I open up in gdb. I set break point as usual and gdb stops there, however when I try to print any variables I get message:

No symbol ... in current context.

So I wonder if there is anything specific that needs to be done when debugging OpenMP codes with gdb?

The GNU OpenMP implementation has not been tested much with GDB. I suspect it does not produce good debug information.