This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
questions about s/w and h/w breakpoint in GDB
- From: "The Westlakers" <westlakers at gmail dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Cc: "The Westlakers" <westlakers at gmail dot com>
- Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 07:35:25 -0800
- Subject: questions about s/w and h/w breakpoint in GDB
I have couple of questions regarding gdb with remote target in Sparc:
1) how to configure the gdb to issue an h/w breakpoint?
2) in software breakpoint, gdb 'cont' command will issue this
following serial protocol commands
after setting breakpoint, say at location of 0x50c57c:
then the target return SIGSTOP, gdb stops at prompt, the target stops
at 0x50c57c and
then we type gdb command 'cont' again, it issues the following commands:
sounds like gdb implements the s/w bp as:
insert bp, exec, insert step-bp and exec.
Do we have to type two 'cont' to make one single exec of the breakpoint?
what is the right behavior from the target?