Re: GDB startup session with Eclipse

On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 07:30:04AM -0800, Guillaume MENANT wrote:
> For now, I've implemented the qSupported command because I want the flash
> support but qC, qOffsets and ? don't seems mandatory to me. I don't know
> what is the Hc-1 command too.

I think ? is mandatory, at least, I have no idea what will happen when
you connect GDB if you don't support it.  GDB tries to figure out
the state of the target when it connects.

qOffsets and qC are not needed unless you want to support the things
they describe:

`qOffsets'
     Get section offsets that the target used when relocating the
     downloaded image.

and

`qC'
     Return the current thread id.

So if you are not relocating your target image, and you do not need
thread support, you don't need these.

There is currently no how-to chapter in the protocol documentation.
That would be a nice addition.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery