This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Adding new dwarf encoding formats for complex integers
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Doug Kwan (éæå) <dougkwan at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:35:32 -0500
- Subject: Re: Adding new dwarf encoding formats for complex integers
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 02:30:36PM -0800, Doug Kwan (éæå) wrote:
> Is there anything I need to do in addition to changing gcc? Are
> there people I should talk to? And what documentation should be
> updated? Currently gdb (I checked 6.7) does not support complex
> integer properly. So it needs to be changed anyway.
The DWARF standard has its own mailing list and working group. I
recommend contacting them first, to see if there's interest in a
If you just want to add it to the GNU tools, then lo_user seems like
the best place to put it - it's a vendor extension - so I don't
see the problem.