This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Unwanted stepi caused by continue command in remote debugging
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Wenbo Yang <wenbo dot yang at simplnano dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 08:55:06 -0500
- Subject: Re: Unwanted stepi caused by continue command in remote debugging
- References: <475931DA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 07:43:22PM +0800, Wenbo Yang wrote:
> A "continue" command cause 2 "c" RSP packets, the first for stepi, the second
> is the continue. I wonder if I can turnoff this feature(the unwanted stepi) by
> change some macros or option variables in gdb source code? Thank you!
No, it is vital. GDB is stepping past the breakpoint that it hit the
last time the program stopped. If we just continued, we'd hit the
same breakpoint again immediately.