This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Debugging a Vlc dll with GDB.
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: personel personel <lepascal01 at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:23:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: Debugging a Vlc dll with GDB.
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 09:38:10AM -0800, personel personel wrote:
> I am currently using GDB v.184.108.40.20660706. One of my
> colleague built an application (VLCTest.exe) by using
> Visual Studio C++ 6.0 and used the MFC.
As Dave mentioned, we can not do source level debugging of MSVC++
> Instead of it I can put a breakpoint into libvlc.dll
> (let's say function libvlc_new()). I tried but it did
> not work:
> gdb -silent -e VLCTest.exe -s VLCTest.exe == "no
> debugging symbols found"
> file libvlc.dll == reading symbols from
> libvlc.dll ... done
> break libvlc_new == breakpoint 1 at bla bla bla
> run VLCTest.exe == error creating process
Skip the "file" command. Say yes when GDB asks if the breakpoint
should be created pending.