This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Watchpoints with condition
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at specifix dot com>
- To: Vladimir Prus <vladimir at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 17:50:50 -0800
- Subject: Re: Watchpoints with condition
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 19:25 +0300, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> GDB presently allow a watchpoint to have a condition, and I wonder
> what are the use-cases for that.
> If anybody has used watchpoint in condition in practice when debugging
> real problem (as opposed to just playing with gdb, or making up
> possible uses), can he share why it was needed?
May I ask, what prompts the question?
Were you thinking of getting rid of it?