This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Watchpoints with condition
- From: Russell Shaw <rjshaw at netspace dot net dot au>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 12:10:24 +1100
- Subject: Re: Watchpoints with condition
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Vladimir Prus wrote:
GDB presently allow a watchpoint to have a condition, and I wonder
what are the use-cases for that.
If anybody has used watchpoint in condition in practice when debugging
real problem (as opposed to just playing with gdb, or making up
possible uses), can he share why it was needed?
I frequently need to enable or set a breakpoint only if another
previous point in the program has been passed. How do i do that?