Re: Another Fortran problem...

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 02:04:56PM +0100, Fran?ois-Xavier Coudert wrote:
> What I would consider the best behaviour for gdb is that it considers
> both source names and linkage names, and in case of an ambiguity
>   1. between a source name and a linkage name, go for the linkage name
>   2. between two source names, ask the user to specify the linkage
> name of one of them
>
> Of course, I don't know how hard it would be to implement this behaviour.

Somewhat impractical.  I think we would be best off ignoring linkage
names for Fortran, or else GCC not emitting them... I don't know
which.  Won't they generally match the names in the ELF symbol table?
In that case they are not particularly useful for definitions.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery