Re: Compiling on AIX 5.3 with xlC

> But you mentioned ptrace. I've seen some warnings related to the arguments of
> ptrace during compiling. If I remember correctly there has been a 32bit/64bit
> mismatch of the type a pointer points to.

It would be strange however, that this would only affect the debugger
when you attach. I think the best way of knowing what is going on in
your case is to debug GDB, in particular the ptrace call to get the
PC register value, and see if the arguments passed look correct, if
ptrace returns success, etc.

--
Joel