Re: A handler for the OS ABI "GNU/Linux"...

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 10:25:39AM +0200, Peter Skvarka wrote:
> I have gdb connected to server at localhost:3333,
> server is OpenOCD debugger connected through JTAG into target ARM9 board.
>
> I have two questions:
> 1. Is possible to load symbols and do source-level debug with current gdb
> version and code running on ARM9
> with embedded kernel 2.4.19 and application compiled with gcc 2.95.3 ? Is
> not older compiler hurdle for contemporary gdb ?

No, it should be fine.  You can't use GDB to do Linux application level
debug over JTAG, though.  Use JTAG for the kernel and gdbserver for
the application.

> 2. When I trying to run my application from insight GUI, I meet this
> warning:
> "A handler for the OS ABI "GNU/Linux" is not built into this configuration
> of GDB.
> Attempting to continue with the default settings."
>
> What does it mean this error and how can Ito correct it ?

You're debugging a Linux target.  Configure GDB for Linux when you
build it.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery