Re: attaching gdb causes pthread_create hang [gdb6.3, long subject]

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
I don't know what this might be.  My first guess would be that the
system you're building on didn't have tkill available.
How check it in the simplest way?

Compare the output of configure in the gdb subdirectory on your different builds.

You were right. System which I used didn't have tkill. Can you tell me if tkill availability is strongly connected with glibc version? I noticed that mentioned system has glibc2.2.5, but others that I have have tkill and glibc 2.3.x.
Is that the reason or maybe there is more to it?

Regards
Bogdan