Re: MI: "^running" issues

 > > I can't reproduce this.  It looks like partial recipe.
 >
 > I suppose I can try to make a full recipe -- but only if you're intending to
 > fix that ;-)

I can't offer to fix something that I can't even reproduce.  But in any case
you appear to be proposing to `fix' it by moving "^running" to target_resume.
I think we need to establish that the bug is real first.

 > > I'm working in the opposite direction: trying to get GDB to work
 > > asynchronously.  I don't see the point of ripping out what is already
 > > there.
 >
 > Then, can you please provide a specification of what "asynchronously" means,
 > and why it's good for users and frontends?

To me, it means that GDB can process user input even when the program being
debugged is executing.  Apple use it in Xcode.  It means the frontend can
interrogate GDB at any time.  Also CLI commands give MI async output as
mentioned previously.