Re: Documentation in texinfo format.

> From: "John McCabe" <john@assen.demon.co.uk>
> Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 21:42:20 +0100
>
> I have got the src module from cvs which seems to contain a lot of this
> stuff, but when I try to run texify gdb.texinfo it comes up with an error
> finding gdb-cfg.texi. I found a comment on usenet from Eli Z that you need
> to do a make info in order for that to be produced, but I have no Makefile

You do have Makefile, it's just called Makefile.in.  So

    make info -f Makefile.in srcdir=.

should do the trick for producing the Info files.

For PDF files, I believe you will need to say something like

    make info -f Makefile.in srcdir=. pdfdir=.

You will also need to have a program installed called `pdftex'.

> and, with the software I have installed (things like MinGW, Msys etc) the
> configure script doesn't work either.

With the above tricks, you don't need to run the configure script just
to produce documentation.

Note that the URL pointed out by Joel, namely
http://www.sourceware.org/gdb/documentation/, already includes the PDF
versions of the GDB manuals, so if you need just that, you might as
well download and use it, instead of producing it yourself.