Re: gdb-6.6 mingw port hangs after Ctrl-C

> Christopher Faylor:
> You can stop another thread with a "SuspendThread()" call and you can
> cause the thread to resume in another location with a "ResumeThread()"
> by changing the EIP that is passed to it.  However, if you do that while
> you are in the middle of a low-level Windows function which, say, holds
> a mutex, then you are going to eventually run into problems.

I wanted to try this with the following changes in remoted.c,
but I could'nt find a way to get the EIP of the new address, i.e.
"continueHere:".
How could that be done?

#include <windows.h>//Added
static HANDLE h_main_thread = 0;//Added

static void
interrupt_query (void)
{
  target_terminal_ours ();

  if (query ("Interrupted while waiting for the program.\n\
Give up (and stop debugging it)? "))
    {
      target_mourn_inferior ();
      if (h_main_thread){//Added
        CONTEXT threadContext;//Added
        SuspendThread(h_main_thread);//Added
        GetThreadContext(h_main_thread,&threadContext);//Added
        threadContext.Eip = &continueHere;//Added and wished it would work
        SetThreadContext(h_main_thread,&threadContext);//Added
        ResumeThread(h_main_thread);//Added
        ExitThread(0);//Added
      }//Added
continueHere://Added and wished it would work
      deprecated_throw_reason (RETURN_QUIT);
    }

  target_terminal_inferior ();
}

static ptid_t
remote_wait (ptid_t ptid, struct target_waitstatus *status)
{
      h_main_thread=GetCurrentThread();//Added
      ofunc = signal (SIGINT, remote_interrupt);
      getpkt (&rs->buf, &rs->buf_size, 1);
      signal (SIGINT, ofunc);
      h_main_thread=0;//Added

> Christopher Faylor:
> You'd need to use overlapped I/O for those situations.  If you do that
> then you'd have to decide whether you want gdb to work on Windows 9x/Me
> or not.
This seems less brute force:
 WSARecv(), WSAWaitForMultipleEvents() instead of recv()
 and let WSAWaitForMultipleEvents() return through an event signaled in
interrupt_query()
 and if that event happened, continue calling deprecated_throw_reason
(RETURN_QUIT); this time from the main thread.