Re: Cannot initialize thread debugging library: generic error

Please reply to the lists too and not me personally.

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 08:13 +0100, srinivas bakki wrote:

> > Build gdb with this toolchain ?
>
>   Yes, anything worng ?

well not really ...

> >> Which architecture are you trying this for ?  Do
> you
> > have libthread_db
> > built for your architecture ? libthread_db is the
> > library used for
> > thread debugging from within gdb.
>
> Am building this for arm926 which has runs uClibc. I
> do have libthread_db for that,after i start the gdb it
> shows me which debugging thread library is it using.
> Thats fine for me.

I haven't built gdb natively with uClibc and haven't used it .
Theoretically it should have worked if you did have libthread_db
installed on the target . Googling for a couple of minutes found me this
with regards to others who've had similar issues.

http://www.busybox.net/lists/uclibc/2003-March/005800.html

don't know if this helps you enough.

Most of our folk use gdb as a cross debugger with gdbserver on GNU/
Linux targets and that seems to work fine with the versions you suggest.

cheers
Ramana

--
cheers