Re: Posting from work/university addresses

On Sat, Aug 04, 2007 at 09:50:48PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>From: Ian Lance Taylor
>>Date: 04 Aug 2007 11:32:44 -0700
>>
>>As far as I can tell, you are requesting that we not do anything dumb,
>
>No, that's not it.  My problem is that I don't see the motivation for
>rejecting such messages spelled out anywhere.  The URL you mentioned
>_advises_ to do something, but, AFAIU, there's some policy issues
>involved here, which are not explained anywhere.

Actually, the words politely requires that confidentiality notices not
be included.  Since that was the best we could do until recently we
relied, unsuccessfully, on people to do the right thing.  I've been
promising people for years that I'd modify the spam software enforce the
policy and a recent discussion on the gcc channel prodded me into taking
action.

>>we're free software volunteers just like you.  We're on your side.  We
>>won't do anything dumb.
>
>Isn't this a matter of policy of Red Hat (or some other organization)?
>I do trust you, but I don't know about organizations.

AFAIK, this has nothing to do with Red Hat.

cgf