Re: Posting from work/university addresses

On Sat, Aug 04, 2007 at 11:32:44AM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> I know you are just trying to be really precise about what is
> happening, but, honestly, don't worry: we're free software volunteers
> just like you.  We're on your side.  We won't do anything dumb.

Hi Ian,

I think Eli has a very good point in this matter. It is very easy for a
group of talented people to say "trust us, we are doing the correct
thing". However, over time, the people change, and other motivating
factors can creep in. I agree its best to keep all policy about this
matter open. If everyone is doing the right thing, then there is
absolutely nothing to hide, right? or perhaps you are afraid that if
the spammers know what you are blocking, then they will get good at
spamming...

Anyways, keep doing the right thing!

Bob Rossi