early buf termination

Hi all:
      I'm implementing a gdb stub for my ARM simulator with TCP connection.
As I query the registers information from gdb, I got
"fetch_register_using_p: early buf termination" msg.

(gdb) info registers
r0             fetch_register_using_p: early buf termination
(gdb)

the gdb client send the packet which contains "$p0#a0" to my gdb server.
The gdb server reply 0 (should be $0#something) to the gdb client.

Does anyone know the meaning of the "early buf termination"?

thanx!!

Dave.
--
System  on Chip Design  Lab.
Dept. of Computer Science and Information Engineering,