Re: GDB in C++

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 07:56:32AM -0700, Michael Eager wrote:
That said, when I read and step through GDB code I see
significant portions which are clearly written in a way
which attempts to emulate classes, objects, and both
data and member encapsulation.

I also see some flaws in this emulation, some of which
affect performance, others which affect logic.  There
are also places where the encapsulation is broken.  All of
this makes debugging more difficult.

I've seen this complain from at least three different people.

I'm in favor of switching to C++.  I'm not going to argue about it if
others disagree, but I'll offer to do most of the work if the
consensus is positive.

IIRC in the case of GCC, RMS (among others) is opposed to conversion to C++.

My question is: Does RMS have any say in the matter, and what are his thoughts on it?

David Daney