Re: What's an annex? stratum?

Jim Blandy wrote:

I want to hear an internals documentation advocate say, "I'm going to
work on the internals documentation because I think the date at which
user-visible project X is complete will move closer when I do so."

I am *not* a seat-of-the-pants coder.  Read prologue-value.h or
macrotab.h if you want to know my values.  But I know that life is
short and uncertain, and that the pursuit of beauty has no regard for
that.

Documentation is not about beauty, though some attention to readability and nice presentation is certainly worth while. If you follow a policy of implement now -- document never, you eventually get a mess in which you find it unreasonably hard to do anything. I find it a bit amazing for *anyone* to argue in favor of inadequate documentation!