This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Threaded watchpoints
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Luis Machado <luisgpm at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:58:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: Threaded watchpoints
- References: <1182880191.4362.21.camel@localhost>
On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 02:49:51PM -0300, Luis Machado wrote:
> Jeff Johnston wrote a considerable patch that would improve this on some
> architectures (i386, ia64, amd64 and s390). Through the discussion, the
> patch was updated a few times, but there wasn't a final conclusion to
> this problem and i couldn't find any other posts from Jeff Johnston
> since those days. Was there any conclusion on this? Some bits of Jeff's
> patch were included upstream, but most of the patch was not.
> I'm looking forward to start working on this problem for ppc32
> architecture, in order to be able to use per-thread watchpoints, and i'd
> like to clarify where we are sitting at regarding this problem.
> Has any improvement been made to GDB? What's the current support for
Red Hat has an updated patch for this in their RPMs. I've asked for
someone to submit it, I think, since I didn't want to reinvent it.