This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: "failed to find valid object file", but which object file? (using static libraries)
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Bram Kuijper <a dot l dot w dot kuijper at rug dot nl>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 07:21:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: "failed to find valid object file", but which object file? (using static libraries)
- References: <4680D290.email@example.com>
On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 10:47:12AM +0200, Bram Kuijper wrote:
> Hi all,
> as a newbie, I am debugging a program which uses a number of self-made static
> libraries. When running (gdb) start, the first message I get is:
> Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.
> 0x08048d15 in main ()
> Is there any way to find _which_ object file has failed to be read in?
One from memory, not from disk. Usually this will be linux-gate.so.1
or something like that; a virtual DSO provided by the kernel.
I'm not sure why it would fail. What platform and kernel version?