Re: What's an annex? stratum?

Michael Eager <eager@eagercon.com> writes:
> Stan Shebs wrote:
>> Michael Eager wrote:
>>> Looking at target.c, I see some terms which are less
>>> than clear:  annex and stratum.  Could someone tell me
>>> what these mean?
>> "Annex" is apparently an introduction of Andrew's from 2004, does
>> kind of look like an address space addition, although not clear that
>> it's fully implemented.
>
> I'm assuming that the XML target description in the docs is similarly
> incomplete and/or obsolete.
>
> There seems to be a fair amount of cruft in the code, and
> even more in the documentation.  Sigh.

For what it's worth --- we don't invest enough time in
doc/gdbint.texinfo to keep it a clear, accurate reference to the
code.  (For me, at least, this is a deliberate decision.)  It's more a
collection of the clearer explanations that have appeared on the
mailing list over time.

gdb.texinfo, however, is supposed to be complete, accurate, and clear.