Re: DELAYED: GDB 6.7 branch creation scheduled June 25th

 > Sorry, I'm a bit stuck right now and for the next few days.
 > I will be in New York next week, and will create the branch
 > from there.
 >
 > I was going to use the 2007-06-17 date where to start the branch,
 > but I might reconsider:
 >   . Extensive gdbarch changes made by Markus and Ulrich
 >     These should be pretty safe, and yet not including them in the
 >     branch might complicate branch patch merging later on
 >   . Daniel's adjustment in configure.ac ($objdir issue)
 >
 > Also, this would allow us to include recent improvements such as:
 >   . the qOffsets changes
 >
 > I think there are also a couple of items that Daniel and someone
 > else wanted in...

These facts suggest to me that it's best to delay the branch, possibly by a
month or two, not backdate it.  I guess I'm used to Emacs where the freeze
alone lasted for three years (which _is_ ridiculous) but where does the
pressure come from for such a prompt release?