RE: libpython2.4.so: Cannot load symbols for shared library with separate debuginfo

> >> It should always try to load the separate debug file.  Is
> >> debug-file-directory set to /usr/lib/debug, and is there a
> >> .gnu_debuglink section in libpython.2.4.so.1.0?  You may have
> >> to debug GDB to find out what it thinks it's doing.
> >
> > You are right, the debug-file-directory is pointing to /usr/lib/debug,
> but
> > there is no .gnu_debuglink section in libpython.2.4.so.1.0.
> > I am obliged to generate the .gnu_debuglink section?
>
> If there is no debuglink section then the debug info file most likely
> does not belong to this library.

That's a very strange thing. All the other libraries in the same package
have the .gnu_debuglink section. And the debuginfo package was built with
the same timestamp ... I don't know if this was removed intentionally by
SuSE ... I do not have the SRPM of that package, so I will check with recent
package versions.

Anyway, as I said in my previous mail, objcopy did the job, and it works!
Thanks

Alejandro